Sunday, April 18, 2010

How singledom came to be...

It has recently been suggested to me that my life is heading down the wrong path, this was in direct assault of the love/ relationship aspect of my life.  Of course I became very defensive and began to defend my past failed relationships and my oh-so-wrong choices to date.  But following the confrontation I took the time to reflect and realized that I must come to terms with my love demons.

"I am a monoga-drone"
At 16 I was involved in my 'first-love' relationship.  It lasted one year and of course I was certain that I was in love and could not live without this person in my life...this way of thinking has pretty much formed a pattern for the rest of my relationships.

At 18 I was involved in my second 'serious' relationship which lasted 4 years.  Too long.  I learned life lessons on what NOT to accept in a partner from this relationship.

At 22 I was involved in yet another 4 year relationship.  For 4 years I was with a person who I once again loved, but who I wanted to change from the person he was to the person I wanted him to be.

Ages 27-29 yet another love of my life.  This time I was dumped...my first heartbreak.  My first recovery from heartbreak.

I'm now in my longest stretch of singledom since the age of 16, but... "I don't think I'm doing it right".

No comments:

Post a Comment