Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fast forward to present...

I'm saying this in the most modest way possible, but I've always been told how beautiful I am, however you would be surprised at the kind of duds that I attract.

It's about 6 months since my break up and despite all this beauty I possess I've only been out with a couple guys not lasting past 1 date.  All in all, nothing noteworthy.  One night hanging out with friends at a local hot spot I spy one of the most attractive men I've ever seen at the bar.  I practice my flirting techniques, make eye contact - look coyly away...I notice him looking at me, and we catch each other's gaze a few times...but nothing!

I've never approached a man in my life, but fortified with some liquid courage I approach and recite my rehearsed 'line'.  It worked! We hit it off and now 10 months later we're still dating, but... this new 'relationship' has been full of drama.

He first broached the 'relationship' topic early in the dating game, this came at a time that I was not ready and I gave the most inappropriate reply which set the tone and changed his attitude towards the rest of our relationship.  Now that I've broached the 'relationship' topic he no longer wants to be in one, instead he's now no longer in the serious relationship frame of mind.

I've once again fallen 'in love' and I've completely messed up this relationship by acting a little psycho...I wonder what is it about me that I cling to and 'love' all these people?? Am I full of shit?  Am I mis-labeling my feelings? Or do I so badly want to be with someone that I fall in love with everyone?


So now we're at present, I've started dating again...stories of these dates in blogs to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment